What Did the Chinese and Other Cultures Know that We are Still Learning?
The study of how humans behave and interact did not start in the late 50’s and 60’s in the U.S. If you study Chinese culture and philosophy, this was a question posed by its intellectual leaders needing to understand the “why” of you. Chinese philosophers looked internally to “step out of yourself”. They were challenging themselves of how they honestly see themselves, and if it was just an illusion to their life’s worth and purpose.
In addition the concept of servant leadership, which came to prominence in the 1970’s in the U.S., was not original in thought or nature. This concept originated in China over 2000 years ago. Its religious and intellectual leaders created this concept to try to convince its warlords to stop or lessen their brutality to their own people.
In 2016, this sounds like an oxymoron.
So fast forward thousands of years, why are we still so confused as to the ‘why’ of our lives and its impact to our purpose, worth and value?
Tune in and hear Kathryn and Patty answer direct questions about behavior, its impact to business, teams and individuals. Some of those questions and statements included:
- I don’t get the difference between when you say it is so important to understand the ‘why’ of you. Can you explain?
- There’s a big shortage of employees right now. I don’t understand why understanding my behavior is so important to my life because I can get a job.
- I’m not sure I believe you that you say you can’t correct performance issues just by skill alone. Can’t you correct performance issues just by skill alone?
- Do entrepreneurs use your system? Can they afford it?
- What does behavior teach me about being a female?
- In technology we must have the right skills. Does this work in technology companies? My director thinks behavior is astrology.
Interested in driving greater worth and value in your job, tune in and hear Kathryn and Patty. They provide direct answers and truth to these questions. Who knows what value they could directly provide you in your career! Click Here!