… Saying No is EASY! Go and Find Out How to Say YES!
We hosted another rock star on the radio this week, Tricia Chiodo, CFO, American Traffic Solutions, Inc.™! In her role as CFO, Tricia leads with three core essentials: 1) safeguard your business environment, 2) drive organizational value, and 3) empower decision-making.
Tricia tells us how easy it is to say ‘no’ when in the role of CFO and be seen as the #dreamkiller. As CFO, she tells us it is her job to challenge her team to go out and find a way to say ‘yes’ if the initiative drives true organizational value.
Tricia says the CFO role is responsible for –
- Understanding its impact to the operations and revenue-generating functions.
- Aligning all efforts to the external needs of the customer.
- Developing a customer-centric culture of accountability.
- Evolving organizational thinking from a local mindset to one of leveraging the best use of talent and resources at the company level.
- Leading with a sense of urgency.
- Building the right reward and recognition systems on profitability – NOT revenue!
- Making it easy for your customers to do business with you.
Tricia challenges each of us to answer,
- What are you doing today? Would the customer be willing to pay you for doing that?
- If not, why not? Then, what can be changed to drive real improvement?
In addition, Tricia offers advice for those looking to make a career move. She says beware of those who incorrectly categorize your work history and causing you to limit your own market opportunities. She remind us cultural fit and talents are the key to hiring right.
Tune in and listen to Tricia – you’ll be so glad you did! Click here to enjoy!